Dürr plans and implements paint shops for commercial vehicles of all shapes and sizes, from vans to buses to truck cabs.
Our expertise kicks in at the earliest planning stage: commercial vehicles are large, so an intelligent plant layout is especially important. Dürr employs cutting-edge planning techniques that take account of individual requirements.
The end-game is always the same: superb quality paintwork. We make good use of the technologies we’ve already tried and tested in passenger car painting. But depending on the vehicle, different dimensions sometimes demand different techniques. Our hoisting cranes for dip baths in bus painting operations are based on proven systems adapted to the dimensions of commercial vehicles. Our RoDip® rotational dip process can treat bodies up to eight meters long while they are rotating through a bath (read more here). Thanks to its scalable design, RoDip® accommodates even these larger dimensions and, despite the associated increase in torque and forces, guarantees high-quality anti-corrosive treatment as the basis for further surface coating.
Equally, painting the inside of the loading space on a vehicle of this size is a whole new challenge. But our rail-free robot and its pivoting arm are the perfect solution for reaching even the most inaccessible spots.
- Tailored greenfield and brownfield plants
- Comprehensive process expertise and high-quality technologies:
- CFD simulation and initial concept planning
- Pretreatment and dip coating
- Spray booths and robot application systems
- Oven systems
- Conveyor systems
- High-performance automatic control and digital connection
- Air pollution control
- Professional implementation and start-up management
- Spare parts service, inspection and maintenance
- Service locations worldwide